I do accept guest posts and I love featuring other up and coming bloggers! As of April 2014, I have over 9,500+ collective followers (via Facebook, Twitter, G+, Instagram, email/feed subscribers and Pinterest). I’m also part of the 2014-2015 Silhouette Design Team which is bringing in a ton of new traffic!
I will promote your post on all my social media channels just as I would my own.
Here are my current guest post guidelines:
- You must be a blogger. I’d love for you to include a little into about yourself, a link to your blog, and where my readers can find and follow you on social media. (If you’re an Etsy shop owner or something like that and would like to share a tutorial that’s ok, too).
- The guest post must be in the form of a tutorial. Craft or sewing tutorials will be welcome as will recipe guest posts. All I require is that the tutorial/recipe fits in with my overall blog theme (DIY). We try to limit processed foods, so I prefer to post “from scratch” (or mostly from scratch) type recipes on my blog.
- The post must have big, clear (in-focus) pictures. I’m an amateur “photographer” myself so they don’t have to be perfect but they do need to be bright and well-lit. I try to take all my pics outdoors or near a big window with a lot of natural light. Pictures must be a minimum of 500 pixels wide.
- You are welcome to post a “teaser” on your blog with a main picture of the project and a link to the full post on Designed by Dawn Nicole on the day it does live here, but I do ask that you please wait one month before re-sharing the entire post on your own blog.
If you’re an Etsy shop owner or business that would like to have me host a giveaway on the blog, read on or email me to discuss what you have in mind. I am very selective about giveaways/sponsored posts. Products must fit in with the DIY/Healthy focus of my blog and they must be something I’d actually use or buy myself.
- I will do a spotlight on your shop (I will have you write it) and share some pics of your products.
- I use Rafflecopter to hold giveaways and submit to several giveaway sites, including Giveaway Promote.
- You will be able to ask people to follow you via social media channels or have them visit your site and comment with their favorite products as ways for people to enter.
- I do not charge for this service, but I do ask that giveaway be valued at a minimum of $40 or that if you’re giving away something more inexpensive that you giveaway several of them (i.e. Giveaway for (4) $10 Hand-lettered prints).
- Please ship/deliver the item(s) to the winner promptly.
- Giveaways will be open for entries for 10 days.
If you’re interested in Guest Posting here at Designed by Dawn Nicole or having me host a giveaway, please contact me via email with your ideas.
I look forward to hearing from you!