I just started working a litte facelift for our bedroom. (UPDATE: Click here to see the final results of the makeover. It’s done!). It’s always the room in our house that gets the leftovers and it’s time to make it a place for us to relax and enjoy (or at the very least a pretty place to pass out once the kids are down for the night). Once the mini-makeover is complete, I’ll do a full post with before and after pics but for now I’m sharing a quick tute for the Ruffle-Panel Throw Pillow with Envelope-Style Back I made for our bed.
- Pillow Front: 12″x16″
- Pillow Back (Cut 2): 12″x11″
- Ruffle Panel: 5″x32″
- Make your front piece the same size as your pillow form. This makes for a nice snug, full-looking pillow.
- Makes your envelope pieces 5″ shorter in length.
- The Ruffle will be however wide you’d like it x double the length of the pillow form.
For the other pillow pictured I used an 18″x18″ pillow form and followed the same sewing instructions provided above, just without the ruffle and using two different fabrics. My piece sizes were as follows:
- Pillow Front: 18″x18″
- Pillow Back (cut 2): 18″x13″
My fabrics are from FabricEnvy.com and are as follows:
Color Stripe Neutral Taza Dena Designs for Free Spirit
Medallion Grey Taza Dena Designs for Free Spirit
Pure Organic Marigold Ready, Set Go! By Anne Kelle
NEW! Share Photos of things you make using my tutes in the Designed by Dawn Nicole Flikr Group